FSU Invitational & Pre-State Meet
FSU Invitational / Pre-State Meet
Location: Apalachee Regional Park
Meet Information: More meet information can be found here
Course Maps: 5K, 4K, 3K, 2K, and 1K
COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFTEY REQUIREMENTS
Due to COVID-19 there will be significant changes to event operations including required safety protocols for the protection of participating athletes, coaches and essential personnel. While there will be changes, our dedication to providing a welcoming and championship level environment remains strong. There are a few non-negotiable participation requirements, mandated by the Leon County Board of County Commissioners, which must be followed for participation in all 2020 meets at Apalachee Regional Park* at this time:
Required Safety Protocols
• Require all competitors, coaches, and their essential personnel to test negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours.
Every team and/or individual will be required to provide a signed Attestation form confirming that all personnel have tested negative. We will be providing the form to all entering teams early next week, which will require a signature for approval.
Note: We are also working to provide on-site rapid testing on Friday, October 2 during packet pick-up hours. We will release further information on the potential of on-site testing early next week.
• Spectators and non-essential personnel are prohibited at cross country races. Teams can bring seven (7) essential personnel per team, per gender, who will need to be on your roster submitted so they can receive a wristband in your team packet. Essential personnel are defined as coaches, trainers, school officials and chaperones/drivers, and must be over the age of 18.
• Require everyone to wear a face covering at the cross country facility at all times, unless they are actively competing or have a chronic pre-existing or demonstrable medical condition.
• Require everyone to be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, including temperature checks, prior to admission to the designated cross-country race area.
We understand the unique nature of these protocols and respect the decisions each program must make. If you do not agree or are unable to comply with these protocols, we respectfully ask that you remove your entries from the Milesplit registration event page.
Thank you all for your understanding and continued support of cross country. We wish you all the very best in this year of unprecedented challenges.
* These protocols do not include the FHSAA State Championship meet.